What is Augmented Reality
- this form of ar has been around for a while
- ar as marketing tool /
- medical usage
- gaming etc
Current state of AR / why are we seeing more AR
- scale of feasibility
- increased accessibility of having AR in our pockets
- first wave was a little cheesy now we’re getting into a deeper usage of AR
- light ar sensor on new ipad
What makes AR possible?
- Recent advancements in software & hardware
- visual inertial odometry / use of camera sensors to detect sensors
- feature points / comparing camera frames – what are the things that are constant & what are the things that are moving?
- one thing ar does really well is measuring
Book Augmented Human